IN STOCK: [1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 20kg and 25kg]
Available for Delivery & Pick up
Potassium permanganate is an inorganic chemical compound with the formula KMnO4. A highly oxidative, water-soluble compound with purple crystals, and a sweet taste.
This product is an oxidant recommended for applications that require a strong oxidant. In water treatment, it is used as a regeneration chemical to remove iron and hydrogen sulphide (rotten egg smell) from well water via a “Manganese Greensand” Filter.
Only use for industrial purpose. Do not use for additives or raw materials of foods or feeds.
Potassium permanganate, a powerful oxidant, is used to control water odor and taste. It removes contaminants and oxidizes iron, hydrogen, and hydrogen sulfide into particles before turning them into safe drinking water. These are used as a substance for treating water before filtering it and work better than chlorine. These are widely used for treating bacterial growth in wells.
Available in dry purple color, the solution of this component is injected into the water between the pump and the tank. Used for getting rid of iron bacteria, a concentration of 3.8 to 7.6 grams is good enough to make treatment effective. For large-scale treatment, this solution is added at the early and raw stage of water intake. The supply of this chemical should be maintained periodically as a part of maintenance and safety.
Used as a disinfectant, potassium permanganate solution comes with deodorizing and astringent properties, requiring proper calibration, maintenance, and monitoring of the right dosage. They do not just work on extracting dissolved iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide but also control the growth of iron bacteria in wells.
Apart from these, this chemical is also used for fruit preservation, synthesizing organic compounds, and treating bacterial and fungal skin ailments.
Though the use of potassium permanganate comes with various benefits however there are some side effects that you should be aware of;
Commonly used for treating water, potassium permanganate has been part of households for years, helps remove chemicals responsible for causing odor and hardness of the water. However, this solution can be poisonous and may irritate your skin if not handled carefully. After adding this, the chemical should make water pink, and afterward, it should become colorless. It should be stored away from the reach of children and animals.
Drinking water treated with potassium can have an adverse effect which may cause nausea, chest tightness, vomiting, diarrhea, breathlessness, and heart failure.
Either used in combination or alone, here are some commonly known risks of potassium permanganate on health: