EDTA Disodium Salt
$40.00 – $225.00
IN STOCK: [1kg, 2kg, 5kg and 25kg]
Available for Delivery & Pick up
Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA 2Na), also known by edetic acid is an aminopolycarboxylic acid and a colorless, water-soluble solid. EDTA Disodium Salt is extensively used as a chelator of divalent cations such as Ca2+ and anticoagulant. Most of the applications are:
- In the textile industry, it prevents metal ion impurities from modifying colors of dyed products.
- In the pulp and paper industry, EDTA inhibits the ability of metal ions, especially Mn2+, from catalyzing the disproportionation of hydrogen peroxide, which is used in chlorine-free bleaching.
- Used as a preservative or stabilizer to prevent catalytic oxidative decoloration.
- In soft drinks containing ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate, EDTA mitigates formation of benzene (a carcinogen).
- The reduction of water hardness in laundry applications and the dissolution of scale in boilers.
- Used in the cement industry for the determination of free lime and free magnesia in cement and clinkers.