Acetic Acid 75% FG (Weed Killer)
Acetic Acid 75% (Food Grade) also known as Glacial Acetic Acid, Vinegar Concentrate or Ethanoic Acid is commonly used as an all-natural weed killer and is understood to be the best off the shelf alternative to herbicides such as glyphosate. Also used in various chemical processes, plastics, pharmaceuticals and insecticides, Acetic acid 75% Solution is stronger than household vinegar and should NOT be used on food (not intended for human consumption).
Concentration and dilutions
For optimum strength to control crabgrass, broadleaf plantain and annual weeds follow the instructions below to make Acetic Acid 20% Solution:
- To make 500ml solution, mix 140ml Acetic Acid 75% in a container and then, add 360ml of water.
- To make 1L solution, mix 270ml Acetic Acid 75% in a container and then, add 730ml of water.
- To make 1500ml solution, mix 400ml Acetic Acid 75% in a container and then, add 1100ml of water.
- To make 2L solution, mix 540ml Acetic Acid 75% in a container and then, add 1460ml of water.
- Spray the solution directly on the leaves and try for total saturation without too much run-off. Acetic acid treatments of 20% (or higher) should quickly cause dramatic discoloration and browning of foliage.
- Don’t apply if rain is expected or before watering, since water breaks down acetic acid.
- Avoid spraying any herbicide on windy days, to prevent it from drifting onto plants you don’t want to kill.